Fetal stem cells can be used to treat different forms of developmental delays.
Developmental delays happen with children who fail to meet certain milestones with respect to their physical developments – like delays in walking and talking, sitting etc.
These delays usually signal towards a problem in the development of the central nervous system. The child’s mental development is delayed in some cases which leads to under-developed motor and communication skills.
In these kind of cases, it is advisable that the stem cell therapy is started as early as possible, while the brain is still in development.
Stem Cell Therapy coupled with routine therapy can result in the following improvements:
- Better cognitive developments
- Better and easier interaction with the child; especially eye contact
- Improved verbal skills. Children who were non-verbal in their communication earlier are more likely to start making sounds, speak in syllables and try to pronounce words. Improvement in vocabulary has also been observed
- Better learning capability
- Better processing of information – like memory and retention, information processing and the like.
- Better social adaptation
- Better Self – care capabilities
- Better immunity
The benefits of the Stem Cell Therapy in treating developmental delays are –
- Negligible side effects
- No use of chemicals
- Minimally invasive
- No risk of rejection
- No risk of cancer
- Life-time follow up